Full Course: Improving Nutrition In Aged Care
If you’re involved in any aspect of catering or nutrition for seniors, then it’s vital that you are equipped with all the latest food and nutrition knowledge, so you can provide the very best meal experience for those in your care.
Our easy-to-follow, online training course is presented by experts in the field, who walk you through everything you need to know about managing nutritional needs and menu planning.
- Ten-module online course
- Over 100 video-led lessons
- Suitable for beginners and experienced professionals
- Access any time and from anywhere you have internet connection
- Progress at your own pace
- Easy to follow and delivered in simple, easy to understand steps
One-time payment for 12 months accessPurchase Now
What you will learn
The NPA online aged care nutrition training course is designed to give you the confidence and know-how to:
- Recognise the different nutritional needs of older people
- Develop innovative and interesting nutrition-focused meal plans
- Create a first-class service for residents and clients
- Improve meal experience with flavour and presentation
- Enhance health outcomes through better nutrition
- Manage special needs diets including dementia, allergies, obesity, dysphagia and diabetes
Each module includes:
- Plain English, online video lessons delivered by nutrition experts
- Access to tools, templates and resources for immediate use in your facility
After completing this ten-module training, you should know how to:
Design and introduce practical solutions for improving the nutritional care of your residents.
Implement a food first approach.
Reduce the use and cost of supplements.
Improve and streamline meal planning.
Minimise the impact of wounds in residents.
Meet relevant Aged Care Quality Standards.
Earn NPA Accreditation Certificates
When you have successfully completed the course you will be awarded with an accreditation certificate.