Module 10: Aged Care Quality Standards
The Aged Care Quality Standards apply to all Australian Government subsidised aged care services and clearly define what good aged care should look like. While the Standards make it easier to check that people receive good care, good care is not about 'ticking boxes'. It's about them caring for consumers and their individual needs, and nutrition applies to every one of the standards. In this module we summarise all of the concepts that we have discussed so far and relate them to the relevant standards.
This module is presented as follows:
- Ten videos (approx. 80 minutes in total)
- Downloadable resources
- Aged Care Quality Standards quiz
One-time payment for 12 months accessPurchase Now
What you will learn
Topics covered in Module 10 include:
- The Aged Care Quality Standards
- Standard 1. Consumer Dignity and Choice
- Standard 2. Ongoing Assessment and Planning with Consumers
- Standard 3. Personal Care and Clinical Care
- Standard 4. Services and Supports for Daily Living
- Standard 5. Organisation’s Service Environment
- Standard 6. Feedback and Complaints
- Standard 7. Human Resources
- Standard 8. Organisational Governance
Within this module, you’ll be able to access the following fact sheets, templates, examples and other resources:
- My Quality Improvement Plan
- Aged Care Quality Standards - Guidance and Resources
At the completion of this module, you should know how to:
Read, understand and apply the Aged Care Quality Standards.
Recognise and achieve nutritional requirements within each of the eight standards.
Earn NPA Accreditation Certificates
When you have successfully completed the course you will be awarded with an accreditation certificate.