Aged care menus must be reviewed at least regularly to ensure that they meet consumers' needs and aged care quality standards.
An audit of the menu is far more than simply looking at the menu structure itself. The menu on paper does not always reflect what is actually served and does not necessarily ensure that consumers receive an adequate diet.
Our audits of menu and nutrition care aim to identify the links between food service and nutrition care of residents. We aim to identify gaps in provision of nutrition care and strategies for quality improvement.
Nutrition Professionals Australia provides a comprehensive menu and food service audit that includes:
- A visit to your organisation to meet with key catering, nursing and care staff
- Audits of serve sizes
- Review of documentation
- Review of nutrition and special diet policy and procedures
- Identification of processes to identify malnutrition and provide nutrition support
- Quantitative assessment of nutrition provided to residents
- Identification of how food service integrates into nutrition care
- Comprehensive report with recommendations to meet best practice and aged care quality standards. The repotrt is written directly agains the standards to be able to feed into your quality improvement processes.
We can offer:
- Review of menu and core food groups only
- Premium review of menu and nutrition care processes
- Nutrition analysis of recipes or the entire menu
- Desktop audits if an on site visit is not possible
For more information call 08 8227 1000 or email us via the contact us form.